This process is expected to generate a final design concept by Summer 2020 and a final design is expected to be ready for City Council approval by Spring 2021. A phased approach to construction will allow for individual projects to be built over time. Pending final review, approval, and permitting, it may be possible to begin construction of individual projects as soon as Fall/Winter of 2021.
Second (Online) Open House – May 28, 2020
Participate in the online open house starting May 28 and read the full summary of public feedback on this website.
First Open House – March 5, 2020
We heard your feedback
Thanks to the over 100 people who came to our open house in March, and the over 300 people who participated online. We were able to learn more about why you do (and don’t) visit the waterfront and what changes you want to see moving forward.
You told us that you want to
- Create better connectivity between the water, trails, downtown, and greater Albany.
- Add new and improved amenities and recreation space that attracts more people.
- Respect sustainability and enhance the natural river environment.
- Honor Albany’s unique community character and culture.
- Improve safety so that all users feel welcome.
- Review the design concepts
The design team has taken your feedback and worked with the city to develop a set of possible design concepts. Watch for our online open house at the end of May where you can tell us what you like about each concept. Your feedback will help shape the final proposed design which will come in late summer.
Project handouts, displays, presentations, and other materials will be posted here as they become available.
- Overview Fact Sheet (PDF, coming soon)
- March 5, Open House Postcard (PDF, 364 KB)